Drs. Landon and Abigaile Ortiz
Dr. Landon Ortiz was born and raised in Davenport, Iowa. He attended the University of Iowa and graduated with Bachelor degrees in Business Management and Management Information Systems. He also received an Entrepreneurship certificate from the Tippie College of Business and the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center at the University of Iowa. Dr. Ortiz received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. As a student at Palmer, Dr. Ortiz was an active member of the Student American Chiropractic Association and made multiple trips to Washington, D.C. to support the chiropractic profession and people’s rights to world class health care. Dr. Landon Ortiz also participated in the Palmer Clinic Abroad program in India where he and other Palmer student interns set up a free clinic and provided complimentary health care. Also while at Palmer, Dr. Landon played for the Palmer Dragons baseball team. Dr. Ortiz uses a variety of chiropractic techniques to adjust patients according to their specific needs.
Dr. Ortiz is married to Dr. Abigaile Ortiz and they have three children. Dr. Landon enjoys being an Asheville Chiropractor and spending time with his family, gardening, cooking healthy meals with local produce, playing chess, hiking and spending time outside in this beautiful state of North Carolina.
Dr. Abigaile Ortiz is originally from North Carolina but grew up in Michigan and Indiana. She received her Bachelor of Science degree and her Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. While a student at Palmer, Dr. Abigaile participated in the Palmer Clinic Abroad program, travelling to Manaus, Brazil. While in Brazil, she and other Palmer interns set up a free clinic and provided chiropractic care to the underserved population.
Dr. Abigaile Ortiz uses a variety of chiropractic techniques to adjust patients according to their specific needs. Dr. Abigaile is mother of three beautiful children, loves spending time with family and friends, running, reading mysteries, and making healthy plant-based meals. Dr. Abigaile is passionate about health, wellness and chiropractic! She loves being an Asheville Chiropractor and is helping Asheville and Western North Carolina feel their best!
Gardens of Health Chiropractic techniques include:
- Diversified - characterized by a high-velocity, low-amplitude thrust
- Gonstead - specific, precise and accurate as possible, addressing only the problem areas. Ensures a bio-mechanically correct position and precise thrust to provide the most accurate and painless adjustment possible.
- Thompson - involves analyzing the length of the legs. This technique uses a ‘drop table’ for adjustment, where a gentle thrust is applied to the joints, which in turn, sets the drop piece into motion and targets the specific joint or tissue. After completing a leg check analysis, your chiropractor will determine the type of misalignment – cervical, pelvic, etc,- and then adjusts the legs using a combination of multiple thrusts on various joints.
- Activator Methods - involves analyzing the length of the legs, and determining whether a pelvic deficiency is present. Since each person stands and holds their hips in a different way the result can be excessive pressure on one side; over time a difference in leg length may contribute to pain in the hips and leg joints.
- Flexion-Distraction - a safe alternative to back surgery, and helps restore the range of motion in joints and muscles after bringing the spine into alignment. Treatment is performed on a special table that flexes and bends various muscles and joints. It is commonly used to restore herniated discs, reduce headaches, and improve posture.
- Toggle - The Toggle Recoil Technique is a Palmer chiropractic treatment where the chiropractor can alleviate pain and enhance the health of the chiropractic patient. It is particularly useful for back pain, upper cervical pain, and neck pain.